(Redirected from Siege attack)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tips, combat tactics, and features
- Attacking creatures will get stuck in a moat for at least 1 combat round. This can be bypassed with the Teleport spell or by breaking or "trapping" the drawbridge.
- Arrow towers can be incredibly effective in all stages of the game, due to their ability to bypass all ranged penalty and ignoring the defense stat of creatures.
- Catapults will damage the walls once per turn (can be augmented by the ballistics skill.) Walls can also be damaged by Earthquake as well as the cyclops creature type.
- Flying creatures can fly over walls, but they will usually become high priority targets for defending melee creatures as well as the arrow towers.
- The center arrow tower does the highest damage, and usually will not be destroyed until the main walls have been significantly damaged.
- Several towns have enhanced moats. Most notably, the Fortress has a high-damage moat that is 2 hexes wide. The Tower has land mines in place of a moat, which can occasionally detonate several times as creatures walk over them, but are generally considered weaker than standard moats, because they do not hinder movement.