Castle is a good alignment town with the knight and cleric hero classes. Castle armies are primarily composed of human men-at-arms, though these towns have also formed an alliance with the griffins and are under the protection of angels. Castle represents Erathia.
Castle Creature Dwellings
Castle Specific Buildings
- Brotherhood of the Sword - Increases morale by +2 when defending against siege. This is in addition to tavern's +1 resulting in a total morale bonus of +3.
- Griffin Bastion - Horde building which increases Griffins' growth by +3 per week.
- Lighthouse - Increase movement points by +500 when heroes travel on water tile with a boat.
- Shipyard - Enables town to build a boat. Can only be built if town is adjacent to water.
- Stables - Gives visiting hero +400 movement points for each day for the rest of the week.
- Colossus - Grail building of Castle. Gives +2 morale to all player's heroes in addition to standard +5000 per day and creature growth +50%.
Castle buiding tree
|Halls||Fortifications||Tavern, Marketplace & Resource Silo||Mage Guilds|
|Village Hall||Fort||Tavern||Mage Guild level 1|
|Town Hall||Citadel||Marketplace||Mage Guild level 2|
|City Hall||Castle||Resource Silo
Produces +1 & +1
|Mage Guild level 3|
|Mage Guild level 4|
|Troop cost/week:||29580 + 6|
|Pikeman||1||4||5||1||3||10||4||14||80||60||Immune to jousting|
|Halberdier||1+||6||5||2||3||10||5||14||115||75||Immune to jousting|
|Archer||2||6||3||2||3||10||4||9||126||100||Ranged (12 shots)|
|Marksman||2+||6||3||2||3||10||6||9||184||150||Ranged (24 shots), Double attack|
|Griffin||3||8||8||3||6||25||6||7||351||200||Flying, Two retaliations|
|Royal Griffin||3+||9||9||3||6||25||9||7||448||240||Flying, Unlimited retaliations|
|Monk||5||12||7||10||12||30||5||3||485||400||Ranged (12 shots)|
|Zealot||5+||12||10||10||12||30||7||3||750||450||Ranged (24 shots), No melee penalty|
|Angel||7||20||20||50||50||200||12||1||5019||3000||, 1||Flying, Hates Devils, Morale +1|
|Archangel||7+||30||30||50||50||250||18||1||8776||5000||, 3||Flying, Hates Devils, Resurrection, Morale +1|
- With two types of ranged attack units and two flying creature types available, Castle-based armies are well equipped to quickly engage and defeat their enemies.
- Build and upgrade Portal of Glory by the cost of neglecting other dwellings and mage guild, or even recruiting other creatures.
- Divide Archangels in several stacks (preferably in the multiples of three), so they can resurrect each other.
- Strategy Guide for Castle from Jolly Joker on Celestial Heavens
- Many useful creature specialties.
- Versatile units including two flying units, two ranged units.
- Stables can provide heroes +400 movement points per remaining day of the week, which means roughly +20% more movement for heroes.
- Shipyard, Lighthouse, and Sylvia with Navigation specialty are all very useful on maps with significant water area.
- Second most expensive creatures, Tower having the most. Hard to obtain the required 6 gems/week, without a pond or Tower town with a Resource Silo providing them.
- The 6th level dwelling (Training Grounds) can be hard to build, as it requires 20 .
- No units with immunity or resistance.
- Most of non-upgraded units are significantly weaker than the their upgraded counterparts; upgrading them takes time and resources.
- Fragile ranged units.