|Basic Resistance: endows a hero's troops with 5% magic resistance.|
|Advanced Resistance: endows a hero's troops with 10% magic resistance.|
|Expert Resistance: endows a hero's troops with 20% magic resistance.|
Heroes with Resistance as a starting skill:
- Ajit the Overlord (Basic)
- Bron the Beastmaster (Basic)
- Clancy the Ranger (Basic)
- Fafner the Alchemist (Basic)
- Thorgrim the Ranger (Advanced)
- Ignatius the Demoniac (Basic)
- Krellion the Barbarian (Basic)
- Saurug the Battle Mage (Basic)
- Straker the Death Knight (Basic)
- Ufretin the Ranger (Basic)
Heroes with a Resistance specialty:
The following heroes receive a 5% per level bonus to their Resistance skill.
It is a common misconception that Garniture of Interference, Surcoat of Counterpoise or Boots of Polarity would increase the resistance secondary skill in a similar way that for example Bow of Elven Cherrywood increases Archery skill. However, this is not the case. The "resistance artifacts" increase the magic resistance of creatures in a similar way Resistance secondary skill does. Basically this means, that wearing any of those artifacts gives the magic resistance bonus with or without the resistance skill – unlike with archery artifacts and Archery skill.
While resistance may not be reliable, it can turn the tide of battle against a magic user when it takes effect.