The beginning of sentences and titles should always be capitalized. Otherwise we have decided to follow the manual as written by the game designers.
The word list may be of some help, however most words are used only as titles and so will be listed only as capitalized. We want to know if it should be capitalized in the middle of sentences. If you are unsure, it would be better to err on the side of lowercase. Having capital letters everywhere is unprofessional.
A proper noun is a name used for an individual person, place, or organization.
Proper Nouns / Capitalized
- Classes (Alchemist, Battle Mage)
- Companies (New World Computing, The 3DO Company, Ubisoft)
- Heroes (Caitlin, Solmyr, Dessa)
- Places (Erathia, Bracada, Krewlod)
- Primary skills (Attack, Defense, Knowledge, Power)
- Spells (Haste, Magic Arrow, Chain Lightning)
Nouns / Lowercase
- Buildings (village hall, town hall, city hall, capitol, fort, citadel, castle, tavern)
- Creatures (angel, archangel)
- Individual terms (hero, experience points, spell points, movement points)
- War machines (catapult, ballista, first aid tent, ammo cart)