Pandora's Box is a special Adventure Map object, which can be picked up with a hero. The content is a mystery until a hero opens it. When the hero tries to pick up Pandora's Box, he is asked a question whether or not he wishes to open the box. If the answer is yes, the hero may engage into battle if the box has guardians. If the hero defeats the guardians or there are none, the content is revealed. It can be one of the following:
- Gain or lose Spell Points
- Gain or lose Luck (+3 to -3)
- Gain or lose Morale (+3 to -3)
- Gain or lose resources
- Gain Experience
- Gain primary skills
- Learn secondary skills
- Learn spell(s)
- Receive artifact(s)
- Receive creature(s)
The box disappears after a hero successfully opens it.
- Secondary skills not normally available to a hero class will be learned. For example Leadership can be learned with a Necropolis hero, Death Knights or Necromancers.
- A hero must have the required level of Wisdom to learn any spells that may be in the box.
- Much more common on random maps than custom ones.