|Basic Resistance: endows a hero's troops with 5% magic resistance.|
|Advanced Resistance: endows a hero's troops with 10% magic resistance.|
|Expert Resistance: endows a hero's troops with 20% magic resistance.|
Heroes with Resistance as a starting skill:
- Ajit the Overlord - Basic Resistance
- Bron the Beastmaster - Basic Resistance
- Clancy the Ranger - Basic Resistance
- Fafner the Alchemist - Basic Resistance
- Ignatius the Demoniac - Basic Resistance
- Krellion the Barbarian - Basic Resistance
- Saurug the Battle Mage - Basic Resistance
- Straker the Death Knight - Basic Resistance
- Thorgrim the Ranger - Advanced Resistance
- Ufretin the Ranger - Basic Resistance
- Zilare the Navigator - Basic Resistance *HotA
Heroes with a Resistance specialty:
The following heroes receive a 5% per level bonus to their Resistance skill.
Horn of the Abyss
Resistance now reduces enemy hero spell power during combat instead of increasing chance to resist spells. The percentage is increased from 5/10/20 to 10/20/30. Read more here.
It is a common misconception that Garniture of Interference, Surcoat of Counterpoise or Boots of Polarity would increase the resistance secondary skill in a similar way that for example Bow of Elven Cherrywood increases Archery skill. However, this is not the case. The "resistance artifacts" increase the magic resistance of creatures in a similar way Resistance secondary skill does. Basically this means, that wearing any of those artifacts gives the magic resistance bonus with or without the resistance skill – unlike with archery artifacts and Archery skill.
While resistance may not be reliable, it can turn the tide of battle against a magic user when it takes effect.