Spellcaster is a special ability of some creatures, which enables them to cast a spell during combat. Creatures can cast the spell on their own turn during combat, and typically they use their chance to act to do so. However, Enchanters are the exception to this rule. They only cast mass spells and they do it in the beginning of their turn and do not lose their chance to attack in the process.
Perhaps the most renowed spellcasters in Restoration of Erathia version, are the Master Genies, who can cast several different spells. The expansion Armageddon's Blade introduced Faerie Dragons and Enchanters, who also can cast several different spells, as well as Storm, Ice, Energy and Magma elementals, who can each cast protection from their own school of magic.
Creatures with spellcaster special ability:
- Master Genie – can cast several different spells
- Faerie Dragon – can cast several different spells
- Ogre Mage – can cast Bloodlust at expert level
- Storm Elemental – can cast Protection from Air
- Ice Elemental – can cast Protection from Water
- Energy Elemental – can cast Protection from Fire
- Magma Elemental – can cast Protection from Earth
- Archangel – can cast Resurrection
- Enchanter – can cast several different spells