Castle is a good alignment town type with Knight and Cleric hero classes. Castle armies are primarily composed of human men-at-arms, though these towns have also formed an alliance with the griffins and are under the protection of angels. With two types of ranged attack units and two flying creature types available, Castle-based armies are well equipped to quickly engage and defeat their enemies. Castle represent Erathia.
|Halls||Castles||Tavern, Marketplace & Resource Silo||Mage Guilds|
|Village Hall||Fort||Tavern||Mage Guild level 1|
|Town Hall||Citadel||Marketplace||Mage Guild level 2|
|City Hall||Castle|| Resource Silo
Produces +1 & +1
|Mage Guild level 3|
|Mage Guild level 4|
Castle specific buildings
- Brotherhood of the Sword – Increases morale by +2 when defending against siege. This is in addition to tavern's +1 resulting in a total morale bonus of +3.
- Griffin Bastion – Horde building which increases Griffins' growth by +3 per week.
- Lighthouse – Increase movement points by +500 when heroes travel on water tile with a boat. Requires Shipyard.
- Shipyard – Enables town to build a boat. Can only be built if town is adjacent to water.
- Stables – Gives visiting hero +400 movement points for each day for the rest of the week.
- Colossus – Grail building of Castle. Gives +2 morale to all player's heroes in addition to standard +5000 per day and creature growth +50%.
Castle creature dwellings:
- Archers' Tower
- Griffin Tower
- Training Grounds
- Portal of Glory
|Troop cost/week:||29580 + 6|
|Pikeman||Castle||1||4||5||1||3||10||4||60||Immune to jousting|
|Halberdier||Castle||1||6||5||2||3||10||5||75||Immune to jousting|
|Royal Griffin||Castle||3||9||9||3||6||25||9||240||Unlimited retaliations|
|Zealot||Castle||5||12||10||10||12||30||7||450||No melee penalty|
|Angel||Castle||7||20||20||50||50||200||12||3000||, 1||Hates Devils|
|Archangel||Castle||7||30||30||50||50||250||18||5000||, 3||Hates Devils, Resurrection, Morale +1|
- Many useful creature specialties:
- Versatile units including two flying units, two ranged units
- Stables can provide heroes +400 movement points per day, which means roughly +20% more movement for heroes.
- Second most expensive town, Tower being the most. Hard to obtain the required 6 gems/week, without a pond or Tower town with a Resource Silo providing them.
- The 6th tier dwelling, Training Grounds is the extremely hard to build, as it requires 30 woods.
- No units with immunity or resistance.