Did you know
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Did you know is a collection of small bits of information about Heroes of Might and Magic III.
- Adventure map objects can be reactivated by pressing the space bar. This action doesn't cost any movement points and allows, for example, unlimited cycling through two-way monoliths. (Does not work in Restoration of Erathia).
- All living Dragons and Hydras become Bone Dragons in the Skeleton Transformer. Bone Dragons will turn to simple Skeletons.
- All effects of creature abilities (e.g. dendroids' binding) can be dispelled except Wyvern Monarchs' poison, which can be cured though.
- All spells cannot be disabled from the map. There must be at least one spell from each level.
- Almost all non-upgraded wandering creatures look to the right side, while upgraded creatures look to the left side. (Exceptions are Water and Earth Elementals. However, in HotA, they look to the right-side too).
- Anti-Magic can only be removed with Dispel or with Dragon Fly's dispel ability (the ability was introduced in Restoration of Erathia 1.4).
- Any creatures with double attack can get lucky twice in a row.
- Arrow towers cause more damage to heroes with Armorer, although it should be the other way round. This also applies to Air Shield. In Hota this bug had been fixed.
- Artifacts affect also Cloned creatures.
- Badge of Courage prevents all mind spells. The spellbook and wand symbol do appear, but spells like Berserk will have no effect.
- Battles in the subterranean level are always considered to take place on subterranean terrain. However, movement works normally. In HotA, the battles take place found in the respective terrain in the subterranean level.
- Berserk can be cast on Undead creatures if Orb of Vulnerability is present. However, they are still immune to Blind.
- Cavaliers are upgraded to Champions for free at Stables located on the Adventure Map.
- Cloned creatures also copy the ability to cast spells. For example, Ogre Magi can cast Bloodlust or Archangel can cast Resurrection.
- Neither Dispel nor Cure can remove the effect of Disrupting Ray.
- Even though Black Dragons are immune to all creature abilities (e.g. stone gaze), they can still be binded by dendroids.
- Even though Black Dragons are immune to all spells, they still receive damage from Efreet Sultans' Fire Shield.
- Having at least one Rogue in hero's army has the same effect expert Visions has.
- Land Mines do no affect creatures with magic immunity (e.g. Magic Elementals) (Heroes v1.4 or Complete only)
- Having two (or more) same legion artifacts on one hero only gives the growth bonus once. However, two heroes with the same legion artifact on garrison and visiting slots of the town, give bonuses for both.
- Master Genies can and will cast Cure on friendlies.
- Morale bonus for visiting Temple on day 7 is +2. Also, Idol of Fortune gives +1 to both Morale and Luck.
- Odds of wandering creatures joining you depends on what troops you have with you (and whether or not you have Diplomacy).
- The only spell that can affect Black Dragons is Dispel.
- Pikemen and Halberdiers are immune to Cavaliers and Champions jousting bonus (+5% damage per hex they cross).
- Stone and Obsidian Gargoyles cannot be resurrected because they are non-living creatures. However, they can get Morale, unlike Golems or Elementals.
- Orb of Vulnerability breaks creatures' natural immunities to magic, but not artifact-granted immunities.
- Tower moat's Land Mines are treated similarly as the spell, and therefore they can be Dispelled, creatures with magic immunities are unaffected by them, and Orb of Tempestuous Fire increase their damage.
- Tree of Knowledge gives experience equal to the difference between a hero's next level and current level.
- Windmill never produces wood .
- With Necromancy skill, you get more Skeletons than Skeleton Warriors.
- It's possible for a hero to have no troops if you deposit them at a Seer's Hut or Quest Guard. Upon entering a battle, you will instantly lose as soon as the pre-battle music ends.
- Spells cast by the Armor of the Damned combined with Orb of Vulnerability will work in an Anti-Magic Garrison.
- Spells cast by the Angelic Alliance will work in an Anti-Magic Garrison.
- Luck stacks with the Dread Knight's Death Blow.
- You can delete artifacts by trading with an allied hero in multiplayer and having the artifact selected with your mouse (as you're dragging it) as the other player exits the trade window.
- Resurrection spell can appear in the Mage Guild of Necropolis despite the fact that it cannot be used on any of the creatures it creates, hence the use of Animate Dead.
- Archangels resurrect fewer creatures with health artifacts on, but Pit Lords raise more creatures with additional health points with health artifacts.
- Gold Dragons are susceptible to Dispel cast by heroes, the Sacrification part of Sacrifice (but not the Resurrection) and Ghost Dragon's Aging.
- Battles in Crystal Caverns, Gold Mines and Abandoned Mines are always considered to take place in Subterranean terrain.
- On the build screen of any town you own, each structure's further building prospects are signified by the status colors red, green or yellow. While playing any kind of multiplayer game, and you are not the current player, browsing your own build screens will show your red status structures as green for each of the structures where the current player has enough of each resource & gold to satisfy the build requirements of those structures.
- You can mark a path max. 602 tiles long on ground and 594 tiles long on water?
- The Disguise spell is completely useless against Hard/Expert/Impossible AI?
- Orb of Vulnerability does not negate Spell Damage Resistance, whereas it negates the Magic Resistance artifacts and secondary skill?
- Occupying the bottom right of your screen is the 'Status Window' showing the portrait of your currently selected hero. Clicking on that portrait shows how many towns you own and their level of development (village status, for example Capitol). However, when it is not your turn in any kind of multiplayer game, those town statistics displayed, are for the current player.
- A horde building protects those particular creatures in that town from plague, which means that the dwelling with a horde building will produce creatures normally. - tested in RoE, SoD (HD+) and HotA --ShushMaster (talk) 18:27, 30 July 2018 (CEST)
- Elementals that are summoned in combat are not affected by Planeswalkers' (e.g. Kalt) bonuses. Tested by Kapteeni Ruoska 06:37, 4 August 2014 (CEST)
- In the first versions of the game, Witches had a chance to learn Necromancy. (Version 1.0. Tested by Kapteeni Ruoska 07:55, 28 March 2014 (CET))