The rampart town is a good alignment town type with ranger and druid hero classes. Ramparts are built by creatures in allied defense of the unspoiled wilderness regions of Enroth. With two slow creature types, dwarves and dendroids, rampart armies may be best suited to defensive tactics. Most of these creatures, however, have enemy hampering abilities that can be used to turn the tide against many opponents—especially those dependent on magical attacks. Rampart represent AvLee.
- Village Hall → Town Hall → City Hall → Capitol
- Fort → Citadel → Castle
- Blacksmith which produces First Aid Tents
- Mage Guild up to level 5
- Marketplace → Resource Silo which produces +1 Crystal
Rampart Specific Buildings
- Dendroid Saplings (Dendroid horde building, +2/week)
- Dwarven Treasury (increases the amount of gold you have at the beginning of each week by 10%)
- Fountain of Fortune (+2 luck to garrisoned heroes)
- Miners' Guild (Dwarf horde building, +4/week)
- Mystic Pond (produces 1–4 of a random resource except gold on the first day of every week)
- Spirit Guardian (Grail building for the Rampart, +2 luck of all own heroes on the map, 5000 gold each day, 50% additional creature growth)
- Centaur Stables
- Dwarf Cottage
- Enchanted Spring
- Dendroid Arches
- Unicorn Glade
- Dragon Cliffs
|Battle Dwarf||Rampart||2||7||7||2||4||20||5||150||Resistance +40%|
|Grand Elf||Rampart||3||9||5||3||5||15||7||225||Double attack|
|Silver Pegasus||Rampart||4||9||10||5||9||30||12||275||Magic damper|
|Unicorn||Rampart||6||15||14||18||22||90||7||850||Blind, Aura of Resistance +20%|
|War Unicorn||Rampart||6||15||14||18||22||110||9||950||Blind, Aura of Resistance +20%|
|Green Dragon||Rampart||7||18||18||40||50||180||10||2400||+1||Breath attack, Resist lvl 1–3 spells|
|Gold Dragon||Rampart||7||27||27||40||50||250||16||4000||+2||Breath attack, Resist lvl 1–4 spells|
["Basic" includes Citadel, Castle & any prerequisites: "Upgrades" also includes prerequisites]
|Troop cost/week:||26620 4|
- Silver Pegasi are fragile and should be used with a little caution.
- The Gold Dragons are nice level 7 monsters, but won't be affected by most of your group spells like haste or shield (15% to 30% to 30%, all units damage reduction in melee combat), although they are nice creatures for Dragogeddon.
- Dendroids and Battle Dwarves are very good meatshields, often becoming useful in long fights. Use them to block pathways or to defend your elves. These troops benefit a lot from a simple Haste (three to five hexes additional movement per turn) spell.
- The Grand Elf is a nice shooter, but often blinded (or damaged through spells) by the AI. Thus, protecting this ranged attacker with Double attack by anti magic spells like Anti-Magic (4th or 5th level spells only, up to spell immunity) or Magic Mirror (20% to 40% chance of reflecting spells back to the enemy and then target a random stack) can be useful.
- The Unicorn is decent, but won't be too much of use in a siege.
- The Centaur Captain, however, is the best level 1 creature. (But it was hard to decide that Centaur Captain / Halberdier)
- It is beneficial to build and upgrade your Homestead prior to all the other dwellings.
- With a Mage Guild lvl 5, it is always useful to pick up wisdom on your heroes.
- At sieges (especially when defending), use your Dendroids to bind enemies in the moats.
- Dwarven Treasury - At the start of every week, you get a 10% bonus to your gold.
- Grand Elf - Speed 7 shooter with very high damage that is available early in the game.
- Several high-speed units that can form a very potent force in the late game.
- Rampart produces the most Hit Points per week of all towns.
- Large magic resistance for most of its units.
- Only 1 shooter (The Wood Elf/Grand Elf)
- Four 2-hex units make for very easy targets for multi-hex attacks/spells
- Dendroid Guards/Dendroid Soldiers slow armies down.