The Rampart town is a good alignment town type with Ranger and Druid hero classes. Ramparts are built by creatures in allied defense of the unspoiled wilderness regions of Enroth. With two slow creature types, Dwarves and Dendroids, rampart armies may be best suited to defensive tactics. Most of these creatures, however, have enemy hampering abilities that can be used to turn the tide against many opponents—especially those dependent on magical attacks. Rampart represents AvLee.
|Halls||Fortifications||Tavern, Marketplace & Resource Silo||Mage Guilds|
|Village Hall||Fort||Tavern||Mage Guild level 1|
|Town Hall||Citadel||Marketplace||Mage Guild level 2|
|City Hall||Castle|| Resource Silo
|Mage Guild level 3|
|Mage Guild level 4|
|Mage Guild level 5|
- Village Hall → Town Hall → City Hall → Capitol
- Fort → Citadel → Castle
- Blacksmith which produces First Aid Tents
- Mage Guild up to level 5
- Marketplace → Resource Silo which produces +1 Crystal
Rampart Specific Buildings
- Dendroid Saplings (Dendroid horde building, +2/week)
- Dwarven Treasury (increases the amount of gold you have at the beginning of each week by 10%)
- Fountain of Fortune (+2 luck to garrisoned heroes)
- Miners' Guild (Dwarf horde building, +4/week)
- Mystic Pond (produces 1–4 of a random resource except gold on the first day of every week)
- Spirit Guardian (Grail building for the Rampart, +2 luck of all own heroes on the map, 5000 gold each day, 50% additional creature growth)
- Centaur Stables
- Dwarf Cottage
- Enchanted Spring
- Dendroid Arches
- Unicorn Glade
- Dragon Cliffs
|Troop cost/week:||26620 + 4|
|Battle Dwarf||2+||7||7||2||4||20||5||8||209||150||Resistance +40%|
|Wood Elf||3||9||5||3||5||15||6||7||234||200||Ranged (24 shots)|
|Grand Elf||3+||9||5||3||5||15||7||7||331||225||Ranged (24 shots), Double attack|
|Pegasus||4||9||8||5||9||30||8||5||518||250||Flying, Magic damper|
|Silver Pegasus||4+||9||10||5||9||30||12||5||532||275||Flying, Magic damper|
|Unicorn||6||15||14||18||22||90||7||2||1806||850||Blind, Aura of Resistance +20%|
|War Unicorn||6+||15||14||18||22||110||9||2||2030||950||Blind, Aura of Resistance +20%|
|Green Dragon||7||18||18||40||50||180||10||1||4872||2400||, 1||Flying, Breath attack, Resist lvl 1–3 spells|
|Gold Dragon||7+||27||27||40||50||250||16||1||8613||4000||, 2||Flying, Breath attack, Resist lvl 1–4 spells|
- Silver Pegasi are among the fastest creatures in the game, which often offers chance to act first in the combat. However, they are quite fragile and should be used with caution.
- Gold Dragons' spell immunity is a double edged sword, their skills cannot be enhanced but nor can they be diminished. Useful in tactical manuver called Dragogeddon.
- Dwarves and Dendroids are tough and useful in shielding Elves (or other shooters).
- The Grand Elf is a nice shooter, but often blinded (or damaged through spells) by the AI. Thus, protecting this ranged attacker with Double attack by anti magic spells like Anti-Magic (4th or 5th level spells only, up to spell immunity) or Magic Mirror (20% to 40% chance of reflecting spells back to the enemy and then target a random stack) can be useful.
- The Centaurs and Centaur Captains are the best level 1 creatures.
- It is beneficial to build and upgrade Homestead prior to all the other dwellings.
- At sieges when the wall is breached, it is possible to use Dendroids to bind enemies in the moats.
- Several Dwarven Treasuries can become extremely powerful in longer games as every treasury's 10% bonus is cumulative.
- Grand Elves are fast ranged units that can be acquired early in the game.
- Several units with high speed rating can form a very potent force in the late game.
- Rampart produces the most hit points per week of all towns.
- Many creatures with magic resistance or spell immunity capabilities.
- Only 1 shooter (The Wood Elf/Grand Elf)
- Four 2-hex units make for very easy targets for multi-hex attacks/spells
- Dendroid Guards/Dendroid Soldiers slow armies down.