Dungeon is an evil alignment town. Dungeons are built by the warlock and overlord hero classes to act as bases from which to wage campaigns of conquest for wealth and power. Similarly minded creatures are attracted as allies. Other dungeon creatures are in thrall to their masters. Dungeon represents Nighon.
Dungeon Creature Dwellings
- Warren - (Troglodyte, Infernal Troglodyte)
- Harpy Loft - (Harpy, Harpy Hag)
- Pillar of Eyes - (Beholder, Evil Eye)
- Chapel of Stilled Voices - (Medusa, Medusa Queen)
- Labyrinth - (Minotaur, Minotaur King)
- Manticore Lair - (Manticore, Scorpicore)
- Dragon Cave - (Red Dragon, Black Dragon)
Dungeon Specific Buildings
- Artifact Merchants - (like in Tower and Conflux towns)
- Portal of Summoning - (unique Dungeon building, get creatures from a flagged neutral dwelling)
- Mana Vortex - (unique Dungeon building, +100% mana and capacity (until the mana runs out, like a Magic Spring) to one hero every 7 days)
- Battle Scholar Academy - (unique Dungeon building, like a learning stone)
- Guardian of Earth - (Grail Building) (+12 spell power to defending hero Dungeon special, else 5k Gold each day additionally, +50% creature growth like other Grail buildings)
- Mushroom Rings - (Troglodyte horde building, +7/week)
Dungeon building tree
|Halls||Fortifications||Tavern, Marketplace & Resource Silo||Mage Guilds||Banned spells|
|Village Hall||Fort||Tavern||Mage Guild
|Town Hall||Citadel||Marketplace||Mage Guild
|City Hall||Castle||Resource Silo
|Troop cost/week:||27205 + 4|
|Troglodyte||1||4||3||1||3||5||4||14||59||50||Immune to Blinding|
|Infernal Troglodyte||1+||5||4||1||3||6||5||14||84||65||Immune to Blinding|
|Harpy||2||6||5||1||4||14||6||8||154||130||Flying, Strike and return|
|Harpy Hag||2+||6||6||1||4||14||9||8||238||170||Flying, Strike and return, No enemy retaliation|
|Beholder||3||9||7||3||5||22||5||7||336||250||Ranged (12 shots), No melee penalty|
|Evil Eye||3+||10||8||3||5||22||7||7||367||280||Ranged (24 shots), No melee penalty|
|Medusa||4||9||9||6||8||25||5||4||517||300||Ranged (4 shots), No melee penalty, Petrify|
|Medusa Queen||4+||10||10||6||8||30||6||4||577||330||Ranged (8 shots), No melee penalty, Petrify|
|Minotaur King||5+||15||15||12||20||50||8||3||1068||575||Positive Morale|
|Red Dragon||7||19||19||40||50||180||11||1||4702||2500||, 1||Dragon, Flying, Breath attack, 1-3 lvl spells immunity|
|Black Dragon||7+||25||25||40||50||300||15||1||8721||4000||, 2||Dragon, Flying, Breath attack, Magic immunity, Hates Titans|
- Dungeon armies possess a variety of long ranged attacks, have effective damage dealing troops, and have the ability to greatly disrupt the strategies of their enemies.
- Upgrade your level 2 creature dwelling as soon as possible: harpy hags have a great base speed (9) and their attacks cannot be retaliated against.
- Upgrading Medusas to Medusa Queens is more crucial than Beholders to Evil Eyes, since basic Medusa has only four shoots. Getting an Ammo Cart via capturing a town whose Blacksmith is producing Ammo Carts, or at a War Machine Factory, will help a lot, since Medusa Queen's 8 shoots is still not sufficient for a fierce battle.
- Bless your Harpies/Harpy Hags. They have damage range 1–4, and Dungeon is the only evil town with possibility of learning Bless spell. With highest damage dealt, Harpy Hags will be a machine of killing enemies with impunity. Similarly, Curse the enemy's Harpies/Harpy Hags (Slow would also be useful since Harpy Hags have a decent speed).
- Haste your Minotaurs/Minotaur Kings. They are brutes which do a lot of damage and you want them to strike at the enemy as soon as possible.
- Plus, save obstacles, a hasted minotaur king can reach nearly any point of the battle field.
- Spells not appearing in a Dungeon Mage Guild are Death Ripple (all battlefield damage to living creatures) and Animate Dead (ressurecting undead) (both more of a Necropolis thing), Prayer (attack, defense and speed enhancement by 2 or 4 points) and Air Elemental (one of the four elemental summoning spells).
- The units would, given Orb of Vulnerability (because of the Black Dragons and their spell immunity to all spells) require 4th level Armageddon, Fire Magic at Expert and 4 spell power.
- Or, to not damage ones own units, the Armageddon's Blade (artifact), if tier 7 creatures of Rampart and some other immune units are not part of the opponent or can be killed later.
- Combining Orb of Vulnerability and Armageddon's Blade (artifact) causes your opponent's magic immune units to get affected by Armageddon, while at the same time protects you from the battlefield-wide ill effects of the spell.
- Dungeon town is self-sufficient in terms of minerals with a Resource Silo only lacking money to profit from level 7 creature growth safe plague.
- Although dungeon is quite expensive, it has good magical capabilities (e.g. mana vortex) and powerful troops like black dragons, which are among the strongest creatures in Erathia.
- If there is a high level creature dwelling on a map, it is better not flagging any other creature dwellings allowing you to recruit the high level creatures every week from both the Portal of Summoning and the dwelling itself, because units produced in the Portal of Summoning are random every week. For example, if there are Red Dragons and Troglodytes available on the adventure map, don't flag Troglodyte dwellings.
- Two ranged units, both of which have no melee penalty.
- Mana Vortex: doubles your max spell points once a week.
- Black Dragons are potential for "Dragogeddon" tactic because of their spell immunity. Additionally Warlock gain more power than other hero classes.
- Harpy Hags are one of the best 2 level units.
- The Battle Scholar Academy instantly levels-up starting heroes.
- Three powerful heroes: Gunnar with Logistics specialty, and Jeddite and Alamar with Resurrection spell.
- Portal of summoning may be used to gain additional creatures.
- The weekly income with Capitol and the Resource Silo is enough to recruit all the units without any external mines.
- By using "Dragogeddon" tactic you can easily overcome Necropolis tactic to accumulate large amounts of "Skeletons" and destroy them easily with little to no efforts.
- Dungeon is quite expensive to build-up.
- Manticores and Scorpicores are one of the weakest level 6 units.
- Difficult to build level 7 creature dwelling.
- Basic Pillar of Eyes which is level 3 creature dwelling requires each type of resource, and is necessary to build all higher level creature dwellings, making Dungeon possibly the worst town for playing on Impossible level.
- There is no hero with Medusa specialty, unlike other towns which have heroes specializing in 4th level units. It's not a big problem, but Medusas still might want to be buffed, as they are rather slow, often forced into melee due to low amount of shots and lack of Ammo Cart, and generally weaker than Crusaders and Vampire Lords.
- Overlords cannot learn Water Magic, therefore being unable to cast Bless on the entire army, while many Dungeon units have significant damage range (especially Harpies and Minotaurs).