Factory is a neutral alignment town with the mercenary and artificer hero classes set to be released in Horn of the Abyss version 1.7.0. Factory armies combine nature with an attempt to harness its power, featuring humans wielding technology such as guns and flamethrowers, and creatures enhanced by technological advancements.
As of 6th July 2023:
- 5 out of 8 campaign maps are completed; two maps need to be properly balanced and the last map (the 4th scenario in the campaign) is in the making, but it is a large map with an underground and several new features, so it will take time.
- The writing of the final in-game text for the campaign maps has begun.
- 14 out of 17 cutscenes are completed; the last 3 scenes are under development but have all the 3D resources (characters, environment, etc.) ready.
- All 16 heroes have been approved with names, specs, and portraits.
- All of the graphics have been completed.
- New gameplay mechanics have been fully implemented.
- The Factory will receive a new special structure.
- Paul Anthony Romero's original Factory theme will not be used as the town's main theme due to thematic differences, but it will still be used in the Factory campaign; the town theme will also be different.
- Many bugfixes and gameplay improvements will be coming with the update.
- Some "low-quality" decorative objects such as the redwood trees and fire assets will be updated and restored to the game.
- New decorative objects and adventure map locations will be added.
- Agar is an Artificer with a Sandworm specialty.
- Bertram is an Artificer.
- Frederick is a Wizard with a Mage specialty.
- Heatstroke is a Mercenary.
- Henrietta is a Mercenary with a Halfling specialty.
- Jangaard is a Mercenary with a Scouting specialty.
- Morgan is an Artificer.
- Murdock is a Mercenary.
- Sam is a Mercenary.
- Todd is an Artificer.
- Victoria is an Artificer with Land Mine specialty.
- Wynona is a Mercenary.
- Unknown 1
- Unknown 2
- Unknown 3 looks like Wrathmont (Heroes I & II)
Keep in mind that these stats might change in the final version!
|Halfling (Factory)||1||4||2||1||3||4||5||16||??||45||Ranged (24 shots), Positive Luck|
|Halfling Grenadier||1+||4/5||?||2||3||4||7||16||??||65||Ranged (24 shots), Fireball Attack|
|Mechanic||2||7||?||2||4||??||6||?||???||???||Breath attack, Repairing|
|Engineer||2+||7||?||2||5||??||7||?||???||???||Breath attack, Repairing|
|Gunslinger||6||17||12||20||24||60||7||2||????||900||Ranged (16 shots), Quick Shot|
|Bounty Hunter||6+||??||??||??||??||??||?||2||????||1200||Ranged (?? shots), Quick Shot|
|Dreadnought||7||??||??||??||55/60||???||?||1||????||????||, 1||Heat Stroke|
|Juggernaut||7+||25||30||50||60||300||8||1||????||????||, 2||Heat Stroke|
|Crimson Couatl||7+||22||22||30||40||250||15||1||????||4500||, 2||Meditation|
- Tier 1: Halfling –> Halfling Grenadier ("The basic version will fully replicate its predecessor from the original game, differing from it only in appearance; but the upgraded ones, Halfling Grenadiers, thanks to exploding projectiles created by talented artificers, will acquire the ability to ignore a certain percentage of the target's defense when attacking. This percentage will be flat, helping maintain the archetypal image of halflings as giant-killers.")
- Tier 2: Mechanic –> Engineer (They are said to both be able to repair mechanical units.)
- Tier 3: Armadillo –> Bellwether Armadillo (They are said to have an alternative walking animation: when having Haste cast, they will curl into a ball and roll instead of walking; this is purely a cosmetic feature.)
- Tier 4: Automaton –> ??? (No released graphics or information available other than the fact they are possibly fully robotic.)
- Tier 5: Sandworm –> Olgoi-Khorkhoi (Teleport, similar to Nymph, Devil, and etc. It is said that if they come out of the ground above a corpse, the stack automatically consumes it, and its next attack receives extra attacks (similar to the Crusader). Bonus strikes from multiple corpse consumes are accumulated. They are also said, when combating on ships, to not be able to use their burrowing (teleport) ability and will walk normally instead.)
- Tier 6: Gunslinger –> Bounty Hunter (Retaliate to one ranged attack per round with a Quick Shot.)
- Tier 7: Dreadnought –> Juggernaut (Both units have a special penetrating beam attack called Heat Stroke. The attack pattern is similar to that of the Cerberus, but it also affects units including those next to the targets, similar to a dragon's breath attack. The attack can only be used "when the beam goes live", and both units will perform normal melee attacks otherwise.)
- Tier 7: Couatl –> Crimson Couatl (Couatls can Meditate to become impervious to damage and skip their turn.)
NOTE: Both the Dreadnought and Couatl are set to be 7th tier units. Both dwellings may be built in the same town and both units may be recruited. They will NOT be alternative units like in Heroes of Might & Magic IV.