|Basic Scouting: allows your hero to see 1 square further into the shroud.|
|Advanced Scouting: allows your hero to see 2 square further into the shroud.|
|Expert Scouting: allows your hero to see 3 square further into the shroud.|
Scouting is a secondary skill that increases hero's scouting radius by one at basic level, by two at advanced level and by three at expert level. Related artifacts are Speculum and Spyglass, which both increased the scouting radius by +1.
Heroes with Scouting as a starting skill:
- Aeris the Druid – Basic Scouting
- Broghild the Beastmaster – Basic Scouting
- Calh the Demoniac – Basic Scouting
- Deemer the Warlock – Advanced Scouting
- Fiona the Demoniac – Advanced Scouting
- Lorelei the Overlord – Basic Scouting
- Piquedram the Alchemist – Basic Scouting
- Shiva the Barbarian – Basic Scouting
Scouting is a useful secondary skill early in the game. With it, a hero can quickly reveal undiscovered lands, which may give the player an useful edge when deciding where to venture. However, during the end part of the map when the most important areas are already revealed, scouting becomes somewhat useless. For this reason, scouting is most useful for scout-type secondary heroes combined with traveling skills logistics, pathfinding and navigation.