|Basic Scouting: allows your hero to see 1 square further into the shroud.|
|Advanced Scouting: allows your hero to see 2 square further into the shroud.|
|Expert Scouting: allows your hero to see 3 square further into the shroud.|
Scouting is a secondary skill that increases hero's scouting radius by one at basic level, by two at advanced level and by three at expert level. Related artifacts are Speculum and Spyglass, which both increased the scouting radius by +1.
Heroes with Scouting as a starting skill:
- Aeris the Druid – Basic Scouting
- Broghild the Beastmaster – Basic Scouting
- Calh the Demoniac – Basic Scouting
- Deemer the Warlock – Advanced Scouting
- Fiona the Demoniac – Advanced Scouting
- Lorelei the Overlord – Basic Scouting
- Piquedram the Alchemist – Basic Scouting
- Shiva the Barbarian – Basic Scouting
- Beatrice the Knight – Basic Scouting
- Miriam the Captain – Basic Scouting
In Horn of the Abyss the skill effect was increased from +2 and +3 scouting radius for advanced and expert levels to +3 and +5 respectively.
Scouting specialty was introduced: it increases the scouting bonus by 5% per hero level (rounded up).
Heroes with Scouting specialty: