Castle is a good alignment town type with Knight and Cleric hero classes. Castle armies are primarily composed of human men-at-arms, though these towns have also formed an alliance with the griffins and are under the protection of angels. With two types of ranged attack units and two flying creature types available, Castle-based armies are well equipped to quickly engage and defeat their enemies. Castle represent Erathia.
Castle specific buildings
- Brotherhood of the Sword – Increases morale by +2 when defending against siege. This is in addition to tavern's +1 resulting in a total morale bonus of +3.
- Griffin Bastion – Horde building which increases Griffins' growth by +3 per week.
- Lighthouse – Increase movement points by +500 when heroes travel on water tile with a boat. Requires Shipyard.
- Shipyard – Enables town to build a boat. Can only be built if town is adjacent to water.
- Stables – Gives visiting hero +400 movement points for each day for the rest of the week.
- Colossus – Grail building of Castle. Gives +2 morale to all player's heroes in addition to standard +5000 per day and creature growth +50%.
Castle creature dwellings:
- Archers' Tower
- Griffin Tower
- Training Grounds
- Portal of Glory
|Troop cost/week:||29580 + 6|
|Name||Class||Specialty||Skill 1||Skill 2|
|Christian||Knight||Ballista||Basic Leadership||Basic Artillery|
|Edric||Knight||Griffins||Basic Leadership||Basic Armorer|
|Orrin||Knight||Archery||Basic Leadership||Basic Archery|
|Sylvia||Knight||Navigation||Basic Leadership||Basic Navigation|
|Valeska||Knight||Archers||Basic Leadership||Basic Archery|
|Sorsha||Knight||Swordsmen||Basic Leadership||Basic Offense|
|Tyris||Knight||Cavaliers||Basic Leadership||Basic Tactics|
|Lord Haart||Knight||Estates||Basic Leadership||Basic Estates|
|Catherine||Knight||Swordsmen||Basic Leadership||Basic Offense|
|Roland||Knight||Swordsmen||Basic Leadership||Basic Armorer|
|Sir Mullich||Knight||Speed||Advanced Leadership|
|Adela||Cleric||Bless||Basic Wisdom||Basic Diplomacy|
|Adelaide||Cleric||Frost Ring||Advanced Wisdom|
|Caitlin||Cleric||Gold||Basic Wisdom||Basic Intelligence|
|Cuthbert||Cleric||Weakness||Basic Wisdom||Basic Estates|
|Ingham||Cleric||Monks||Basic Wisdom||Basic Mysticism|
|Loynis||Cleric||Prayer||Basic Wisdom||Basic Learning|
|Rion||Cleric||First Aid||Basic Wisdom||Basic First Aid|
|Sanya||Cleric||Eagle Eye||Basic Wisdom||Basic Eagle Eye|
|Pikeman||Castle||1||4||5||1||3||10||4||60||Immune to jousting|
|Halberdier||Castle||1||6||5||2||3||10||5||75||Immune to jousting|
|Royal Griffin||Castle||3||9||9||3||6||25||9||240||Unlimited retaliations|
|Zealot||Castle||5||12||10||10||12||30||7||450||No melee penalty|
|Archangel||Castle||7||30||30||50||50||250||18||5000||+3||Hates Devils, Resurrection, Morale +1|
- Build the Capitol as soon as possible (preferably in the first week), because having lots of gold is crucial for raising many Archangels.
- Obtain and upgrade Portal of Glory by the cost of neglecting other dwellings and mage guild, or even recruiting other creatures.
- Divide your Archangels in many stacks, so they can resurrect each other, effectively doubling their numbers.
- Because Archangels have the greatest stats among all the 7th tier creatures, they are real die hards (and even when they get killed, they still can be resurrected) thus you may actually horde them much easier than any other 7th tier creatures! High level offensive hero (i.e. Sorsha or preferably Crag Hack) equipped with Archangels will easily overcome more numerous enemies.
- Many useful creature specialties:
- Versatile units including two flying units, two ranged units
- Stables can provide heroes +400 movement points per day, which means roughly +20% more movement for heroes.
- Second most expensive town, Tower being the most. Hard to obtain the required 6 gems/week, without a pond or Tower town with a Resource Silo providing them.
- The 6th tier dwelling, Training Grounds is the extremely hard to build, as it requires 30 woods.
- No units with immunity or resistance.
- Only Mage Guild level 4.