Dungeon is one of the three evil alignment town types. As the manual states, Dungeons towns are built by Warlock and Overlord hero types to act as bases from which to wage campaigns of conquest for wealth and power. Similarly minded creatures are attracted as allies. Other dungeon creatures are in thrall to their masters. Dungeon armies are possessed of a variety of long ranged attacks, have effective damage dealing troops, and have the ability to greatly disrupt the strategies of their enemies. Dungeon represent Nighon.
- Village Hall → Town Hall → City Hall → Capitol
- Fort → Citadel → Castle
- Blacksmith which produces Ballistas
- Mage Guild up to level 5
- Marketplace → Resource Silo which produces +1 Sulfur
- Artifact Merchants (like in Tower and Conflux towns)
- Portal of Summoning (unique Dungeon building, get creatures from a flagged neutral dwelling)
- Mana Vortex (unique Dungeon building, +100% mana and capacity (until the mana runs out, like a Magic Spring) to one hero every 7 days)
- Battle Scholar Academy (unique Dungeon building, like a learning stone)
- Guardian of Earth (Grail Building) (+12 spell power to defending hero Dungeon special, else 5k Gold each day additionally, +50% creature growth like other Grail buildings)
- Mushroom Rings, (Troglodyte horde building, +7/week)
Dungeon creature dwellings:
- Warren 14x Troglodyte (50 gold, 700 gold/week) or Infernal Troglodyte (65 gold, 900 gold/week) each week
- Harpy Loft 8x Harpy (130 gold, 1040 gold/week) or Harpy Hag (170 gold, 1360 gold/week) each week
- Pillar of Eyes 7x Beholder (250 gold, 1750 gold/week) or Evil Eye (280 gold,1960 gold each week)
- Chapel of Stilled Voices 4x Medusa (300 gold, 1200 gold/week) or Medusa Queen (330 gold, 1320 gold each week)
- Labyrinth 3x Minotaur (500 gold, 1500 gold each week) or Minotaur King (575 gold, each 1725 gold/week)
- Manticore Lair 2x Manticore (850 gold, 1700 gold/week) Scorpicore (1050 gold, 2100 gold each week)
- Dragon Cave 1x Red Dragon (2500 gold, 1 sulfur each week) or Black Dragon (4000 gold, 2 sulfur each week)
|Troop cost/week:||27205 + 4|
|Troglodyte||Dungeon||1||4||3||1||3||5||4||50||Immune to Blinding|
|Infernal Troglodyte||Dungeon||1||5||4||1||3||6||5||65||Immune to Blinding|
|Harpy||Dungeon||2||6||5||1||4||14||6||130||Strike and return|
|Harpy Hag||Dungeon||2||6||6||1||4||14||9||170||Strike and return, No enemy retaliation|
|Beholder||Dungeon||3||9||7||3||5||22||5||250||No melee penalty|
|Evil Eye||Dungeon||3||10||8||3||5||22||7||280||No melee penalty|
|Medusa||Dungeon||4||9||9||6||8||25||5||300||No melee penalty, Petrify|
|Medusa Queen||Dungeon||4||10||10||6||8||30||6||330||No melee penalty, Petrify|
|Minotaur King||Dungeon||5||15||15||12||20||50||8||575||Morale +1|
|Red Dragon||Dungeon||7||19||19||40||50||180||11||2500||+1||Breath attack, Resist lvl 1–3 spells|
|Black Dragon||Dungeon||7||25||25||40||50||300||15||4000||+2||Breath attack, Resist all spells, Hates Giants and Titans|
- Upgrade your level 2 creature dwelling as soon as possible: harpy hags have a great base speed (9) and their attacks cannot be retaliated against.
- Haste your minotaurs/minotaur kings. They are brutes which do a lot of damage and you _want_ them to strike at the enemy as soon as possible.
- Plus, save obstacles, a hasted minotaur king can reach nearly any point of the battle field.
- Spells not appearing in a Dungeon Mage Guild are Death Ripple (all battlefield damage to living creatures) and Animate Dead (ressurecting undead) (both more of a Necropolis thing), Prayer (attack, defense and speed enhancement by 2 or 4 points) and Air Elemental (one of the four elemental summoning spells).
- The units would, given Orb of Vulnerability (because of the Black Dragons and their spell immunity to all spells) require 4th level Armageddon, Fire Magic at Expert and 4 spell power.
- Or, to not damage ones own units, the Armageddon's Blade (artifact), if tier 7 creatures of Rampart and some other immune units are not part of the opponent or can be killed later.
- Maybe Orb of Vulnerability and Armageddon's Blade (artifact) do not mix in terms of doing Armageddon on the opponent but not suffering from the battlefield-wide ill effects of the spell.
- Cities with Resource Silos that produce +1 Ore and +1 Wood each day like Castle (Angels are +1 gem, Archangels are +3 gems), Necropolis (only Ghost Dragons require minerals, 1 mercury each), Stronghold (Ancient Behemoths require 1 crystal) and Fortress (Chaos Hydras require Sulfur) might be better off in the beginning, a Dungeon town is self-sufficient in terms of minerals with a Resource Silo only lacking money to profit from level 7 creature growth safe plague.
- Although dungeon is quite expensive, it has good magical capabilities (e.g. mana vortex) and powerful troops like black dragons, which are among the strongest creatures in Erathia.
- Two ranged units, both of which have no melee penalty.
- Mana Vortex: doubles your max spell points once a week.
- Black Dragons are potential for "Dragogeddon" tactic beacause of their spell immunity. Additionally Warlock gain more power than other hero classes.
- The Battle Scholar Academy instantly levels-up starting heroes.
- Three powerful heroes: Gunnar with Logistics specialty, and Jeddite and Alamar with Resurrection spell
- Portal of summoning may be used to gain additional creatures
- The weekly income with Capitol and the Resource Silo is enough to recruit all the units without any external mines.
- Dungeon is quite expensive to build-up.
- Manticores and Scorpicores are one of the weakest level 6 units.
- Difficult to build level 7 creature dwelling