|Basic Artillery (HotA) : gives control of the ballista, defense towers and the cannon to the hero. The ballista has 50% chance to inflict 2x damage. The cannon inflicts additional damage to fortifications.|
|Advanced Artillery (HotA) : gives control of the ballista, defense towers and the cannon to the hero. The ballista has 2 shots with a 75% chance to inflict 2x damage. The cannon inflicts 2x damage and additional damage to fortifications.|
|Expert Artillery (HotA) : gives control of the ballista, defense towers and the cannon to the hero. The ballista inflicts double damage and shoots twice. The cannon inflicts triple damage and maximum damage to fortifications.|
Artillery is a secondary skill that gives the hero manual control over war machine Ballista (or Cannon) during combat and control over the arrow towers when defending a town during siege. Artillery provides control over the arrow towers also in the original game, even though it's not mentioned in the in-game description of the skill.
Effects on ballista:
Basic Artillery provides a 50% chance that ballista inflicts double damage. For Advanced Artillery this is a 75% chance and for Expert Artillery a 100% chance. Advanced and Expert Artillery also enable the ballista to shoot twice in a row, instead of once.
With Basic Artillery or Advanced Artillery the cannon does randomly 1 or 2 points of damage to fortifications. With Expert Artillery the cannon always does 2 points of damage to fortifications. With Advanced Artillery the cannon does double damage and with Expert Artillery triple damage to enemies. As opposed to ballistae, cannons always shoot once.
Heroes with Artillery as a starting skill:
- Arlach the Overlord – Basic Artillery
- Christian the Knight – Basic Artillery
- Gerwulf the Beastmaster – Basic Artillery
- Gurnisson the Barbarian – Basic Artillery
- Ignissa the Planeswalker – Basic Artillery
- Pasis the Planeswalker – Basic Artillery
- Pyre the Demoniac – Basic Artillery
- Vokial the Death Knight – Basic Artillery
- Zubin the Battle Mage – Basic Artillery
- Ranloo the Death Knight - Basic Artillery
- Jeremy the Captain - Basic Artillery
Heroes with Ballista as specialty:
- Arlach the Overlord
- Christian the Knight
- Gerwulf the Beastmaster
- Gurnisson the Barbarian
- Pyre the Demoniac
- Torosar the Alchemist *Does not start with the skill Artillery.
- Ranloo the Death Knight
- Jeremy the Captain *Cannon instead of Ballista.
|Town||Class||Chance to learn|