Imbalance is a feature of game when something (hero, creature, faction, spell, etc.) delivers strong advantage (overpowered) against analogues of its tier, or strong disadvantage. In tournaments players of same skill are expected to have equal chances of victory regardless of random effects, so this presents a problem.
- Conflux is considered imbalanced because of the combat statistics of its 1st (Sprite), 2nd (Storm Elemental) and 6th level (Magic Elemental) units; and also the quick growth and the Fire immunity of its 7th level unit (Firebird and Phoenix); as well as its Grail Building, Aurora Borealis, which fills the Mage Guild of that town with all unbanned spells.
- Necropolis is considered imbalanced because of ability to create huge armies of skeletons, as well as having the Vampire Lords.
- Dimension Door
- Town Portal
- Animate Dead
Methods against imbalance
- Banning offending entities from game altogether
- Gentleman's accords so even if its in game, it will be not used (e.g. it might be forbidden to upgrade Vampires to Vampire Lords)
- Designing map in a way so even if entity is ingame its effect would be countered (e.g. artifacts against necromants, or multiple mid-tier creature dwellings which are not useful for necromants)