Jump to navigation Jump to search
Conflux Creature Dwellings:
Conflux Specific Buildings:
- Magic University - (unique Conflux building, learn any of the four magic secondary skills)
- Artifact Merchants - (like Dungeon or Tower, buy artifact)
- Garden of Life - (Pixie/Sprite horde building, +10/week)
- Shipyard - (enables town to build a boat, can only be built if town is adjacent to water)
- Aurora Borealis - (Grail building, all spells of the map available in Mage Guild, +5k gold, +50% creature growth)
- Vault of Ashes - (Firebird/Phoenix horde building, +1/week).
|Halls||Fortifications||Tavern, Marketplace & Resource Silo||Mage Guilds|
|Village Hall||Fort||Tavern||Mage Guild level 1|
|Town Hall||Citadel||Marketplace||Mage Guild level 2|
|City Hall||Castle||Resource Silo
|Mage Guild level 3|
|Mage Guild level 4|
|Mage Guild level 5|
|Troop cost/week:||28500 + 4 (31100 + 3 in Horn of the Abyss)|
|Sprite||1+||2||2||1||3||3||9||20||95||30||Flying, No enemy retaliation|
|Air Elemental||2||9||9||2||8||25||7||6||356||250||Elemental, Lightning and Armageddon vulnerability, Immune to Meteor Shower, +100% to basic damage to Earth and Magma Elementals|
|Storm Elemental||2+||9||9||2||8||25||8||6||486||275||Ranged (24 shots), Elemental, Lightning and Armageddon vulnerability, Immune to Meteor Shower, +100% to basic damage to Earth and Magma Elementals, Casts Protection from Air|
|Water Elemental||3||8||10||3||7||30||5||6||315||300||Elemental, Ice immunity, Vulnerable to Fireball, Inferno and Armageddon, +100% to basic damage to Fire and Energy Elementals|
|Ice Elemental||3+||8||10||3||7||30||6||6||380||375||Ranged (24 shots), Elemental, Ice immunity, Vulnerable to Fireball, Inferno and Armageddon, +100% to basic damage to Fire and Energy Elementals, Casts Protection from Water|
|Fire Elemental||4||10||8||4||6||35||6||5||345||350||Elemental, Ice vulnerability, Fire immunity, +100% to basic damage to Water and Ice Elementals|
|Energy Elemental||4+||12||8||4||6||35||8||5||470||400||Elemental, Flying, Ice vulnerability, Fire immunity, +100% to basic damage to Water and Ice Elementals, Casts Protection from Fire|
|Earth Elemental||5||10||10||4||8||40||4||4||330||400||Elemental, Meteor Shower vulnerability, Lightning and Armageddon immunity, +100% to basic damage to Air and Storm Elementals|
|Magma Elemental||5+||11||11||6||10||40||6||4||490||500||Elemental, Meteor Shower vulnerability, Lightning and Armageddon immunity, +100% to basic damage to Air and Storm Elementals, Casts Protection from Earth|
|Psychic Elemental||6||15||13||10||20||75||7||2||1669||950||Elemental, Attacks all adjacent enemies without retaliation, -50% damage to creatures with Mind immunity|
|Magic Elemental||6+||15||13||15||25||80||9||2||2012||1200||Elemental, Attacks all adjacent enemies without retaliation, Magic immunity, -50% damage to creatures with Magic immunity|
|Firebird||7||18||18||30||40||150||15||1||4336||2000||Flying, Breath attack, 50% fire resistance|
|Phoenix||7+||21||18||30||40||200||21||1||6721||3000||, 1||Flying, Breath attack, Fire immunity, Rebirth|
- Upgrade your three first level creature dwellings as soon as possible: the upgraded versions are much better than the base versions (no retaliation against sprites; storm and ice elementals are range shooters).
- Both storm and ice elemental have a wide range of damage: 2-8 for storm elementals, 3-7 for ice elementals. It is both a curse and a blessing, literally speaking: you want to cast Bless on them but avoid having them Cursed as well.
- A simple Ring of Vitality makes your pixies/sprites 33% more durable; this plus a Vial of Lifeblood doubles their durability.
- Statistically, the conflux's higher tier units are weaker than average. However, this is compensated by their strong low tier units, which gives the conflux an advantage over the other factions in the early game.
- Conflux has the highest growth of units of all towns. (excluding Necropolis with Necromancy).
- Several great heroes.
- Phoenixes are the fastest creature in the game, out-speeding all competition by a large margin, and also have a base growth of 2 (1 in Horn of the Abyss, but with Castle and Vault of Ashes will be 3 finally which is still higher than 2 for the level 7 unit of all other towns).
- Average speed of Conflux units are the fastest of all towns.
- Many units unaffected by Mind spells.
- All 4 top-level units immune to Armageddon, opening up for the Dracageddon tactic.
- Low level units are great for efficient map-clearing.
- Magic University allows heroes to learn all 4 Magic secondary skills for 2000 Gold each.
- The Aurora Borealis is the best Grail building, handing out all spells.
- The Elementals are unaffected by bad Morale.
- No ranged units without upgrading.
- Pixies and Sprites have extremely low hit points.
- Magma Elementals are the worst level 5 unit.
- Energy Elementals are below average.
- Many units have vulnerabilities to certain spells.
- Cannot have Armageddon in the Mage Guild unless you have the Grail building, decreasing the possibility of Dragogeddon.
- The Elementals are unaffected by positive Morale, and cannot be resurrected in any way.
- Even though some town creatures can be used in Dragogeddon tactic, town creatures are still going to be easily overpowered after you use Armageddon spell if you can't retreat. So using this tactic is advised only if you have large amount of Phoenix troops.
- The Planeswalkers only have creature specialties that don't scale with level, making for poor main heroes.
- WARNING! This town is often considered too strong and thus is banned in many multiplayer games/tournaments. In an attempt to balance Conflux in Horn of the Abyss the growth of Firebirds/Phoenixes was reduced from 2 to 1, but the Vault of Ashes together with a Castle allows a total growth of 3 which is still more than all other towns. Also, the gold cost of Psychic and Magic Elementals and also Firebirds and Phoenixes got increased significantly. Firebirds' fire spell immunity also got downgraded to 50% fire resistance. Finally, in HotA you are unable to get Sprites without the Mage Guild and Magic University, while Pixies are completely useless.