Horn of the Abyss
The aim of the project is to create an add-on for Heroes III with lots of new features, but stay true to the formula and vision of the original game. The main focus is the quality of every single aspect of the modded game. This includes the careful fixes of the original game balance, removal of the graphical imperfections left by the developers, and a considerable amount of new content, like new campaigns, new map objects and new playable factions. The project is lore-oriented and attempts to keep connected with the original Might and Magic universe.
Unlike In the Wake of Gods-based mods, Horn of the Abyss' new towns are added to the game without replacing any existing towns. The mod requires Shadow of Death or Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete to run.
- New towns
- New terrain types
- New creatures
Pirates can be upgraded twice, similar to Green Dragons in Heroes II.
- Factory (upcoming)
Factory has access to two tier 7 creatures, both of which can be built in the same town.
- Secondary skills
- Balance changes to Mysticism, Estates, Intelligence, Logistics, and Necromancy.
- Resistance is disabled by default.
- New skill: Interference.
- New campaigns
- New heroes
- Cove heroes - the Captain (might) and Navigator (magic)
- Factory heroes - the Mercenary (might) and Artificer (magic) (upcoming)
- Beatrice the Knight
- Giselle the Ranger
- Ranloo the Death Knight
- Kinkeria the Witch
- Heroes with Navigation specialty are disabled on maps without water and replaced with new heroes.
- Galthran, Sir Mullich, and Thorgrim are disabled by default.
- Lord Haart has been reenabled by default. The Death Knight version has been renamed Haart Lich.
- Dozens of new map objects.
- Several new artifacts.
- Conflux's native terrain changed to highlands.
- External dwellings now accumulate creatures cumulatively, as long as they're captured.
- Halflings changed from neutral to Factory. (upcoming)
- Various changes to town balance.
- New Conflux building: Vault of Ashes.
- New war machine: Cannon.
- Many bug fixes and graphical improvements.
- Fully compatible with Heroes 3 HD.
- Template Editor.
- List of heroes (HotA)
- List of creatures (HotA)
- List of artifacts (HotA)
- List of maps (HotA)
- Horn of the Abyss (Changelog)
- Horn of the Abyss (Documentation)
- Factory Demo trailer
- Factory Demo townscreen
- Wasteland soundtrack by Docent Picolan
- Wasteland stroll
- Wasteland 3D-art by Wit Olszewski
- Kastore's Cabin
- Couatl Evolution
- Couatl in the Jungle
- Factory: the Rally
- English links
- Russian links
- Polish links