Factory is the unreleased 11th faction for Horn of the Abyss, which is planned to be released in either late 2020 or early 2021, and confirmed to be released in game version 1.7.0. This new faction will have the Wasteland as its native terrain, which was released in HotA version 1.6.0. The town's theme combines nature with an attempt to harness its power, which is reflected in the two "trees" of creatures and their upgrades. Factory's steampunk technology and Wild West style is likely a nod to the unreleased Forge town, as in the drawing board phases both a steampunk and a sci-fi version were designed. However, the steampunk concept was abandoned due to sci-fi technology and themes appearing in the Might & Magic series, as well as the futuristic looking Heavenly Forge, that serves as the basis of the town. The only nod to a wild west steampunk theme is an obscure piece of artwork for the tavern that was quickly discarded in favour of a concrete building.
As of August 2020, the revealed line up consists of:
- Tier 1: Halfling –> Halfling Grenadier
- Tier 2: Mechanic –> Engineer (They can repair mechanical units in both forms)
- Tier 3: Armadillo –> Bellwether Armadillo
- Tier 4: Automaton –> ??? (No released graphics or information available, other than the fact that they are possibly fully robotic)
- Tier 5: Sandworm –> Olgoi-Khorkhoi (Fliers, similar to Nymph & Oceanid; if they come out of the ground above a corpse, the upgrade automatically consumes it, after which its next attack will receive one more strike; the bonus strikes can stack)
- Tier 6: Gunslinger –> Bounty Hunter (Retaliates to one ranged attack per round with a Quick Shot)
- Tier 7: Dreadnought –> Juggernaut (Both units have a special penetrating beam attack called Heat Stroke. The attack is similar in area to that of the Cerberus, but it also affects units including those behind the target, similar to a dragon's breath attack.)
- Tier 7: Couatl –> Crimson Couatl (Couatls can Meditate to become impervious to damage and skip their turn)
NOTE: Both the Dreadnought and Couatl are set to be 7th tier units. Both dwellings may be built in the same town and both units may be recruited. They will NOT be alternative units, like in Heroes of Might and Magic IV.
Keep in mind that these stats might change in the final version!
|Halfling||1||4||2||1||3||4||5||16||??||45||Ranged (24 shots), Positive Luck|
|Halfling Grenadier Halfling Grenadier||1+||4/5||?||2||3||4||7||16||??||65||Ranged (24 shots), Fireball Attack|
|Mechanic Mechanic||2||7||?||2||4||??||6||?||???||???||Breath attack (Might come under another name)|
|Engineer Engineer||2+||7||?||2||5||??||7||?||???||???||Breath attack (Might come under another name)|
|Bellwether Armadillo Bellwether Armadillo||3+||8||?||3||5||30||7||?||???||???|
|UPG. Automaton UPG. Automaton||4+||??||?||?||??||??||??||?||???||???|
|Gunslinger Gunslinger||6||17||12||20||24||60||7||2||????||900||Ranged (16 shots), Quick Shot|
|Bounty Hunter Bounty Hunter||6+||??||??||??||??||??||?||2||????||1200||Ranged (?? shots), Quick Shot|
|Dreadnought Dreadnought||7||??||??||??||55/60||???||?||1||????||????||, 1||Heat Stroke|
|Juggernaut Juggernaut||7+||25||30||50||60||300||8||1||????||????||, 2||Heat Stroke|
|Couatl Couatl||7||??||??||??||??||???||11||1||????||2000||, 1||Meditation|
|Crimson Couatl Crimson Couatl||7+||22||22||30||40||250||15||1||????||4500||, 2||Meditation|
Factory will feature heroes from former games, such as Kastore and Agar (an Artificer with a Sandworm specialty), but also new ones, like Todd and Bertram. Jangaard is a Mercenary hero with a Scouting speciality, and Henrietta is a Mercenary hero with a Halfling specility. Morgan and Sam are two additional heroes of unknown classes.